AMS DataSerfs is seeking a talented and motivated individual looking to pursue a career as Windows System Administrator. We are seeking for a candidate who has experience in Windows technologies, is a self-starter and eager to learn and work in a large, complex environment.
You will be responsible for maintaining a development environment for a fortune 50 company consisting of physical and virtual Windows servers, PC’s, Printers and Network Storage all connected through high speed LAN or fiber network. You will work closely with local and remote IT teams in our client office in Sunnyvale.
The basic scope is to maintain the hardware, software in our datacenters as well as support the clients that access the servers. You will work with all the necessary fundamental network services like DNS, DHCP, SMB shares and directory services, and will also can improve the environment through writing scripts. You will be responsible for applying security patches and configuration changes within maintenance windows.
- Monitor Windows servers for performance issues and stability concerns.
- Laptop imaging
- Administer users, servers, virtual machines and storage.
- Regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Staying familiar with new versions of applications used on servers.
- Working with and troubleshooting all of the following, including, but not limited to: AD, DNS, DHCP, RDP.
- Use knowledge of each of the above listed technologies as related to the issue at hand.
- Work with permissions in Microsoft Servers.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Two years of Microsoft Windows administration. MS Certs are a plus.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Experience with HYPERV is a plus.
- Be willing to work with and learn the latest Windows Server technologies as they are released and implemented.