AMS DataSerfs is seeking a talented and motivated individual looking to pursue a career as Linux/Azure System Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA. We are seeking for a candidate who has experience with Linux Server in a cloud infrastructure, is a self-starter and eager to learn and work in a large, complex environment.
You will be working in a team on designing, building, migrating and maintaining a fast-growing Hybrid on-prem/Azure development environment for our client, a large fortune 50 company, consisting of virtual machines and Network Storage connected through Express Routes primarily in Azure. You will work closely with local and remote IT teams.
The basic scope is to create, improve and support the entire environment as well as active end users who interact with these systems on some level, mostly through applications or interactively. You need to be familiar with all the necessary fundamental network services like DNS, SMB, and DHCP and directory services as well as to deploy and improve the environment through writing PowerShell scripts. You will be responsible for applying security patches and configuration changes within maintenance windows.
- Implementation as well as day to day administration of Linux servers built as virtual machines in Azure or in the local datacenter, Azure storage as well as the surrounding infrastructure including Express Routes (WAN/LAN connectivity).
- Build EDA toolchain installations and configurations as well as maintenance and development of scripts and tools for automation.
- Monitor services/servers and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Learning and staying familiar with various tools and applications used on servers (e.g. Perl, Python, EDA tools..).
- Working with and troubleshooting HPC Linux infrastructure to meet best performance and High Availability.
- Acute drive to automate manual operations and to improve them through repeated iteration.
- Managing large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management or software delivery platforms
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Automate and build best-in-class continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Linux Server in a large-scale environment with focus on deployment, automation, and large scaled administration.
- Programing experience in python, Perl, bash shell and GO is good to have.
- Understanding in Networking concept (TCP/IP, subnets, Vlans, LACP, NIC Teaming, unicast/broadcast/multicast, DNS, DHCP, SSH, etc..)
- Understanding of batch job scheduling technologies: Flowtracer, NetworkComputer, Azure batch.
- Understanding in Container technology (Docker, kubernetes, singularity, etc…).
- Experience with source code control server development (Perforce, git).
- Experience with open source and proprietary cloud and virtualization technologies ( Openstack, Azure)
- Familiarity with modern software development processes and best practices
- Good working knowledge of virtual environments, virtual storage with express routes into the cloud, Azure preferred.
- Knowledge in kubernetes/istio prefered.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Strong initiative and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Be willing to work with and learn the latest Azure Cloud technologies as they are released and implemented.
- Some scheduled travel required.