AMS DataSerfs is seeking a talented and motivated individual looking to pursue a career as Linux System Administrator. We are seeking for a candidate who has some experience in CentOS and RedHat, is a self-starter and eager to learn and work in a large, complex environment for our Fortune 50 client.
You will be working in a team of experts on maintaining the Linux environment for our primary client, a fortune 50 company consisting of mixed Linux/Windows environment of physical and virtual servers (Azure), Printers and Network Storage filers all connected through high speed LAN or Wireless network. You will work closely with local and remote IT teams.
The scope is to setup/configure/support active end users and the servers themselves, who interact with these systems on some level, mostly through applications or interactively via a SSH, VNC or NX. You will work with all the necessary fundamental network services like DNS, NFS, DHCP and directory services as well as to improve the environment through writing scripts. You will be responsible for applying security patches and configuration changes within maintenance windows.
- Day to day administration of end users, Linux servers and storage as well as surrounding infrastructure on premises and in Azure.
- Regular application installations and configurations as well as maintenance and development of scripts and tools for automation
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Staying familiar with new versions of applications used on servers.
- Working with and troubleshooting all of the following tools/protocols, including, but not limited to: SSH, DNS, FTP, HTTP, telnet, SFTP, NTP, TCP.
- Use knowledge of each of the above listed technologies as related to the issue at hand.
- Work with CentOS as well as RHEL 6 and 7 in a mixed Linux/Windows environment.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Advanced CentOS and RedHat administration.
- Scripting knowledge in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Knowledge of DNS, NFS, DHCP, server kickstart
- Knowledge in cloud services, specifically Azure, preferred.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned working hours and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.