AMS DataSerfs is seeking a talented and motivated individual looking to pursue a career as Linux Support Manager in Mountain View, CA. We are seeking for a candidate who has experience with managing support engineers in multiple locations, is a self-starter and eager to learn and work in a large, complex environment.
You will be heading a team of fun, self-driven and highly motivated technical experts in Linux and Networks who design, build, migrate and maintain a fast growing EDA development environment on-premises and in the cloud for our client, a large fortune 50 company. You will work closely with local and remote IT teams.
The basic scope is to direct, manage, lead and coordinate the design, implementation and support of existing and/or new development environments to ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly. To establish functional business plans and technical project/program objectives to meet the short- and long-term goals and metrics of the organization. You need to understand the underlying technology, articulate, and optimizes process capabilities for use by multiple business and IT constituents; drive architectural standards and simplification. To ensures the design, development, delivery, and supportability of services/solutions for businesses are in accordance with business and IT objectives.
- Lead and develop current Linux organization staff, make improvements to effectiveness, maintain and optimize our delivery model.
- Assisting the CEO, supervise the implementation and maintenance of our computing needs and security, with an eye towards efficiency, compliance, and customer satisfaction. Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Develop and maintain lasting and strong partnerships with key business leaders, both inside the organization and with our client.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance.
- Provide appropriate metrics in support of overall IT efficiency and reliability. Resolve any systemic issues impacting the support delivery negatively.
- Extend, prepare, and attend weekly team meetings. Document and follow up on deliverables and progress in SharePoint.
- 7+ years of broadly based modern IT (datacenter infrastructure, cloud, hardware and software) leadership experience.
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge (system administration, enterprise network knowledge, technical help desk). Detail and results oriented, skilled at both planning and hands-on execution.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to all levels of an organization especially to key business partners and executives, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Hands-on self-starter with the ability to evaluate global multi-office infrastructure requirements, identify gaps, scale computer needs, and manage a small team.
- Proven track record of working with facilities and other departments to successfully deliver on IT projects and services.
- Ability to learn new skills and keep current with rapidly changing information technology and ability to transfer knowledge to team members and users.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, a degree in Computer Science or related field is a major plus.
- Some scheduled travel required.